Cherokee County, KS

Housing Authorities

There are 2 Housing Authorities that serve Cherokee County, KS. You can give them a call or send an email to see which PHA has jurisdiction in your area.

Housing Authorities Cherokee County, KS

There are 2 Housing Authorities listed below for Cherokee County. Click on the "+" below to view each HAs. Call to inquire about their jurisdiction.

1301 Elm Street
Galena, KS 66739
KS045 low-rent Cherokee


(620) 783-5525
(620) 783-5516


Lance Nichols
Harry Cantrell
Board Chairperson
Chad Abram
Executive Director

910 S Florida Ave
Columbus, KS 66725
KS143 low-rent Cherokee


(620) 429-1050
(620) 429-3840


Grant Spieth
Anita Davolt
Board Chairperson
Vicky Bagdriwicz
Executive Director

How can Housing Authorities Help?

Housing Authorities (also called "Public Housing Authorities" or "Public Housing Agencies") are privately run, non-profit organizations in charge of overseeing public housing programs in a county or metro area.

Although they are privately run, Housing Authorities are government sanctioned and federally funded.

Cherokee County

Cherokee County has 2 Housing Authorities. You can call or email them to see which PHA serves your area. Find their contact information above.

PHAs may do just the Housing Voucher Choice Program (Section 8), low-rent public housing, or both.

Wait Lists

There is a widespread shortage of affordable public housing in Kansas. Most PHAs have a wait list of 1-2 years or more. PHAs may close the wait list when the list is too long.

You may consider checking PHAs in surrounding areas if you do not mind living in a nearby county.

Public Housing Authorities are free and are there to help you find affordable housing. Feel free to reach out to several housing authorities if needed.

Housing Authorities on this page apply to the following cities in Cherokee County, Kansas: Columbus, Baxter Springs, Galena, Riverton, Weir, Scammon, Crestline, Treece, and West Mineral.

These housing authorities apply to the following ZIP codes in Cherokee County, Kansas: 66725, 66713, 66739, 66770, 66781, 66773, 66728, 66778, and 66782.

More on Cherokee County, KS


Link to this Page:

Questions or Comments? Contact us

Data Source

HUD Seal

Housing Authorities are approved by the HUD.

Last updated on February 25, 2020